The NBCSN board has been hard at work. Celebrations include:
- NBCSN has been reaccredited for five (5) more years by ABSNC.
- We have a new testing company that started to work with our applicants on 1/1/2023.
- We have record numbers of applicants for spring testing.
- Immediate scoring is now a reality.
- We have reached the benchmark of over 5,000 certified school nurses.
Our strategic plan is in place for the next there (3) years and has a focus on the following:
► Sustainability of the organization.
► Strengthening the strategic board governance model.
► Growing an inclusive and engaged community of NCSNs and stakeholders.
This spring, we begin the work on a job task analysis (JTA) that is required to maintain the relevance of our test. Please see exam development in this newsletter to further explain the JTA. It is truly an honor to serve on this board.
Cynthia Hiltz, MS, RN, PHN, NCSN, FNASN