All the offerings listed below are approved for NCSN recertification credit.
Nursing Continuing Professional Development–Continuing Education (NCPD-CE)
- The National Association of School Nurses (NASN) has numerous E-learning courses as well as in-person conferences and seminars, and most are free for NASN members and nominal cost for non-members (some are free for non-members. https://www.pathlms.com/nasn/.
- Northeastern University School Health Academy (NEUSHA) has numerous CE available for school nurses. Ten (10) programs for $159 (maximum 25.75 credits) or available individually. Numerous topics are relevant to school nursing. https://neusha.org/index.php/online-program-list/.
- Nurse Builders has a School Nursing E-Course Bundle.
- The Nurse Builders School Nurse CE E-Course Bundle includes e-courses focused on school nursing clinical practice topics (ADHD, mental health in children, transgender youth, etc.) coupled with e-courses focused on nursing professional development topics (e.g., emotional intelligence, communication, etc.)
- There are 40 e-courses representing over 35 contact hours. Most e-courses are 1 hour in length. (The bundle is $79.00.)
- The e-courses format is a 50/50 blend of professionally produced on-camera (e.g., speaker, podium, and PowerPoint viewed) and off-camera PowerPoint voiceovers. This bundle of e-courses continues to grow as new e-courses are produced and added on a regular basis. https://ecourses.nursebuilders.net/bundles/1-year-subscription-subspecialty-ce-and-certification-renewal-school-nursing
Nursing Continuing Professional Development–Professional Activities (NCPD-PA)
Certain NCPD professional activities also earn recertification credits.
For example: Professional organization membership, presentations, association leadership, and test development, that promote and enhance the professional expertise of the NCSN are accepted toward the required 75 credits.