NBCSN is Accepting 2023 NCSN of the Year Applications
We need your help! Each year the National Board of Certification of School Nurses (NBCSN) honors a nationally certified school nurse (NCSN) of the Year who has promoted certification and worked to enhance general school nursing practice. The NCSN of the Year is selected from a pool of nominees who have been nominated by their peers. The award is presented at the NASN Annual Conference. The criteria for the award are
- Nominated by a peer by January 15, 2023;
- Demonstrates achievements at the national, state, or local level that (1) enhance the competency of school nurses or (2) effectively promote the national school nurse certification credential;
- Is an active NCSN in good standing, and
- Is employed in school health (can be a school-level nurse, an administrator, instructor, or other related employment).
And while the NCSN of the Year must be an NCSN, the nominator does not! An NCSN can be nominated by a non-NCSN school nurse, a co-worker, a nursing supervisor, or principal. If you know a Nationally Certified School Nurse, who should be considered for the award, use this link to Nominate an NCSN now!
Exam Application Reminders
The spring 2023 exam application window is open: December 5, 2022 – February 1, 2023.
The exam will be administered from March 1 through April 2, 2023.
Exam Application Fee
- Early Bird Rate: $370 – must apply by January 17, 2023
- Regular Rate: $390 – must apply by February 1, 2023
- Late Fee: $440 ($390 + $50 late fee) – must apply by February 17, 2023
Scheduling your exam can now be done through your application (the application must be approved prior to scheduling).
Detailed information regarding recertification requirements is included in the NCSN Handbook.
Is your NBCSN Profile Up to Date?
You may have gotten a new job or retired, or maybe you moved. Did you remember to update your NBCSN profile? By keeping your profile up to date, you will ensure that you will receive notifications from NBCSN regarding your certification. Update your profile today to be sure you don’t miss your recertification date.