Obtaining Your Exam Results
Candidates will be informed of exam results within eight weeks of the exam window close date.
The NBCSN Policies Manual has detailed information on our policies and procedures. NBCSN Policy Manual
The NBCSN Handbook is your guide to NBCSN and the NCSN credential. It has guidelines for certification, recertification, and everything else you’ll need as an NCSN.
Forms and Applications
Forms for volunteers, liaisons and NCSNs.
What can I do while my school is closed?
Stay as safe and connected as you can and focus on activities that support NCSN Recertification! https://www.nbcsn.org/ncsn/recertification/procedures/
- Update your online learning plan in the NCSN Credentialing Portal: https://nbcsn.learningbuilder.com/account/login/?ReturnUrl=%2f
Upload required supporting documents (CE certificates, RN License, professional activities, etc.)
- Complete continuing education hours.
- Continuing education (in school nursing) is defined as programs beyond basic nursing preparation that are designed to promote and enrich knowledge, improve skills, and develop attitudes for the enhancement of (school) nursing practice.
- Explore NASN E-learning CNE Courses https://www.nasn.org/programs/elearning
- Remember, beginning January 1, 2020, each CE program must be worth a minimum of 1 credit hour.
- Explore professional activities that earn recertification credits.
- Professional activities that promote and enhance the professional expertise of the NCSN are accepted toward the required 75 credits.
- List of approved NBCSN professional activities https://www.nbcsn.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Credits-Earned-Activity-Type-for-NCSN-Recertification_gordon-revisions_Feb-2020_approved-March-2_2020.pdf