The purpose of the NBCSN State Liaison Program is to promote NCSN certification at the state level. Currently, each state may be represented by one to two liaisons.
About the State Liaison Program
Role of the State Liaison
State liaisons play an important role in supporting NCSN certification by:
- Serving as a resource on certification.
- Promoting certification.
- Participating in state school nursing activities and sharing NCSN information.
- Liaising with members of the NBCSN Board.
How to Promote NCSN Certification at the State Level
- Submit articles to State Newsletter about the value of NCSN certification.
- Display flyers and other NCSN materials at state-level meetings.
- Have an NBCSN Liaison seat on the State School Nurse Association Board.
- Develop state-level activities to obtain lead lists of individuals interested in becoming certified, and then submit them to NBCSN.
- Organize study groups for nurses who are going to take the NCSN exam.
Materials Request for Liaison Outreach Efforts
Use the online Request for Materials Form to apply for outreach materials (e.g., certification ribbons, recertification promotional flyers, NCSN-certified ribbons, NCSN tabletop displays) for your state meeting. Materials are available on a first come, first serve basis. We recommend that you submit your materials request as far in advance as possible.
Apply to Become NBCSN State Liaison
Get started today by completing the Online Liaison Application.