Health Room Resources
What can I do while my school is closed?
Stay as safe and connected as you can and focus on activities that support NCSN Recertification! https://www.nbcsn.org/ncsn/recertification/procedures/
- Update your online learning plan in the NCSN Credentialing Portal: https://nbcsn.learningbuilder.com/account/login/
Upload required supporting documents (CE certificates, RN License, professional activities, etc.)
- Complete continuing education hours.
- Continuing education (in school nursing) is defined as programs beyond basic nursing preparation that are designed to promote and enrich knowledge, improve skills, and develop attitudes for the enhancement of (school) nursing practice.
- Explore NASN E-learning CNE Courses free for members, nominal fee for non-members
- Free CE from UMass-Lowell online at https://www.uml.edu/Research/CPH-NEW/nurse-education/
- Free CE from the Academy of Forensic Nursing – School Nurse Boot Camp https://goafn.thinkific.com/courses/school-nursing-bootcamp
School Nurse Appropriate
North Eastern University School Health Academy (NEUSHA)
10 programs for $129 max 25.75 credits
- Remember, beginning January 1, 2020, each CE program must be worth a minimum of 1 credit hour.
- Explore professional activities that earn recertification credits.
- Professional activities that promote and enhance the professional expertise of the NCSN are accepted toward the required 75 credits.
- List of approved NBCSN professional activities https://www.nbcsn.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Credits-Earned-Activity-Type-for-NCSN-Recertification_gordon-revisions_Feb-2020_approved-March-2_2020.pdf